Friday, February 20, 2009

Finance Degrees Come in Handy

Day 14 - February 11, 2009 Wednesday
In the morning I helped out my German friends set up their new home in Discipline by covering ditches laid with water and electricity pipes, and digging a new ditch to their distant bathroom. After a solar kitchen lunch break and chill session with Tina at La Terrace I returned to Discipline for more ditch digging and to sandpaper the wooden planks of the huts. I hitched a ride to Repos beach and meditated while Sean swam, then went to Pizzeria Trattoria for a Wood Co-op meeting. I shared my story with Paul, and he followed suit. When Glenn arrived, Paul quickly summarized my standing: "He studied finance at NYU and then he found spirit, so now he's working for the wood co-op instead of Merrill Lynch." Funny, he cut through all the bullshit and went straight to the core. Manimaran took me to solar kitchen after the meeting and I met Tina at La Terrace. Super buzzed from espresso I was bouncing with energy, so when I met Tina on the roof we had a very funny, energetic chill session. I was unusually funny, and when Sean, Lukas, and his mother arrived I continued to make everyone laugh. The highlight of the day came after - Sean, Tina and I walked to a field for conversation, beatboxing, freestyling, a mini yoga session, and a personal meditation. I felt the presence of the Oversoul, of Atman, or everyman, during my meditation.

Day 15 - February 12, 2009 Thursday
Today I did payroll on excel and mixed-level yoga under Tatiana with Tina. We had snacks at her place after and tried to go o ut but her bike light failed and she had to get it repaired. We lost energy and decided just to sleep, so I walked home. I felt a weird vibe around Tina, something was off. I was in a pretty bad mood walking home but getting two hitches helped lighten the mood.

Day 16 - February 13, 2009 Friday
After breakfast at Town Hall and a short walk to the Stock Home, Manimaran took me to the Wood Co-op meeting in Botanical Gardens where we are setting up our new office and wood storage location. After, I dealt with bills in the Stock Home, followed by solar kitchen lunch with friends. Back at the Stock Home I accounted for expenses until 6:30pm. We completely caught up on a month's worth of work in one day. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta. I had dinner at Kailash with the krew, then chilled at La Terrace with Sean, Tina, and Karl. The four of us walked to a field and chilled, had some ice cream at Richie's, then drove off to Shrima beach for a big kick it session with about 15 people, a campfire, music, and naked dudes swimming being chased by girls with cameras.

No comments:

Post a Comment