Saturday, February 7, 2009

New Freckles

Day 6 - Tuesday, February 3
Meditated by the banyan tree, then lunch at the Indian pavilion (bharat nivas). Explored the Tibet pavilion, USA dorm, exhibition center, the Canadian shamanic statue. Next I meditated in two of Matrimandir's peripheral petal chambers - gratitude and progress. I was unusually grateful for the rest of the day... and spiritual progress jumped to a new level: after meditating in the chambers I tried an open-eye spirit journey for the first time. I am reading a book on shamanism right now that suggested doing that, and it worked. I am now able to walk with a foot in both worlds, as shamans do. One in ordinary consciousness where I can deal with the affairs of daily life, and one in shamanic consciousness, where my spirit roams with my power animals and their vast wisdom. After my open-eye spirit journey I hung out with some ninjas in a drum circle, went to an Indian dance performance at bharat nivas, chilled at Sean's, then rode home on my bicycle with another open-eye spirit journey.


Day 7 - Wednesday, February 4
Started the day with a yoga class, then had lunch aat the solar kitchen where I met this German girl named Anna. I talked with Unkele (sp?) about shamanism and spirit journeys during lunch as well. Afterwards I went on a spirit journey under the banyan tree, followed by groceries, a nice bike ride without destination, solar kitchen dinner, and a kick it at Sean's. While at Sean's I had the idea to start interviewing people over lunch, asking first for introductions, then theirrelationship with spirituality, how they feel about Matrimandir, what utopia means for them, and how Auroville can be the perfect community.


Day 8 - Thursday, February 5
Slept at Sean's so I had to ride home in the morning, get my super-ghetto bicycle fixed, then prepare myself for the day. I met Luca and Teresa at solar kitchen over lunch. Cute couple. Definitely not legal in the US though.. he's 21 and she is 16. After I kickedit at the Kailash dorm house with Karl and worked out. Tired and sweaty we drank a beer then drove to Kuilapalayam for ice cream. I met up with Jonny at Matrimandir and went on a spirit journey under the banyan tree and asked my power animal how I could make Jonny a happier man. He seems happy but I can tell from his energy that something is underneath his smile. When I saw him after my journey he seemed pooped out, so I definitely asked the right question. My power animals gave me a special acorn to give to him, and when we got home I made some delicious pasta for us. Then I went to the visitor center for an event called the Living Room, which is every Tues and Thurs from 7pm-10pm. I met Thomas, who was chill. The two girl organizers ditched Thomas and I for their friends downstairs. Definitely not going to that event again. They totally could have brought us down to join them with their friends. I rode home in the dark and slept under the stars with the mattress Jonny set up for me. Despite having a mosquito net I awoke during the night to burning itches on my left arm. I couldn't go back to sleep until an hour or two later I ran cold water over the swollen bite marks.


Day 9 - Friday, February 6
Got some breakfast with Jonny and met his buddy Fabrice. I like him, he immediately brought our conversation to spirituality. Most of the day was spent doing wood work, cutting trees and lifting them into the rundy cart for transportation. Hard core lifting. We could have used six clones of James Williams. I now measure a tree's weight by assessing how many James Williamses it would take to lift it. After solar kitchen lunch solo, I made plans for the night with Karl. More wood work followed by a beer run with Karl (24 pack of 16oz "strong" beer). Then Jonny took me our for pizza in Kuilapalayam. One of the best pizzas I've ever had, that's for sure. Three dollars for a full, delectable pizza with five ingredients. Win! Jonny dropped me off at Kailash where I kicked it with Karl and Lucas. Sean met us there and we drank some beer, listened to music and had a jolly time. We left for the Eucalyptus field and kicked it there with about ten other people. I met Shanti, a cool dude who was blasting beats from his car. He's lived here his whole life. He gave me a 32oz Budweiser even though I had one of the strong beers in my hand. The guards came and told us to turn down the music. A few minutes later we all bounced to this isolated spot where there were about 40 people. There was a campfire, beats coming from Shanti's car, and mysterious music coming from some place closer to the woods. Shanti and I went on a beer run with Karl, Teresa, and Luca, dancing in the car in drunken mania. Shanti picked up more of his Buds, I brought the rest of my 24-pack, and we returned to the party. I thought everyone would have left without our music. I was surprisingly mistaken. Then I located the source of the mysterious music from the forest - about 80 feet from the campfire was a small room with a DJ and a bunch of kids dancing. The playlist was excellent and some of the girls were gorgeous. Drunken dancing ensued. I stumbled home afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment